Cecil can communicate...from the beach!

Posted by Cecil the Cougar: at 12:00 AM

Thursday, March 27, 2008

I feel like I has had a long week guys. Really I do. I asked Mommie to peas take me and Mr.Penguin to the beach so we can relax, and she did! Here is a video of us at the beach...which looks and smells suspiciously like my kitchen..... but there are palm trees so I am not sure.




"Mr. Penguin, this is all highly suspicious. You are a water animal, what do you think?"

"Yes Cecil, it is very highly suspicious. But I come from cold water climates so I am not positive either."

"I cannot feel the sand between my paws and it does not smell right. I am leaving!"


...But anyways, I found this article today called Cat Facts-- Ten Facts About Feline Behavior. Funny enough, it was written by a bean, I am so serious. Let's see if he got it right...

  1. "I want to be alone."
    Sometimes I want to be alone, but sometimes I want my Mommie.

  2. Kittens get their friendly traits and tendency to be social from their father's genes (mostly) and their mother's teachings.
    My Mommie and Daddy are equally social thank you very much. They met at a party in college and got very social together.

  3. A kitten's socialization process is most important between 2-7 weeks old.
    This is true. I did not have good socialization so I give the bitey a lot. Clearly it is not my fault.

  4. When recovering from a trauma, such as a car accident, cats can go through a second socialization process.
    Peas, I hope that no cats I know has been in a car accident.

  5. Domestic cats descended from solitary creatures. Being solitary and hunting alone by nature, they have a limited set of communication skills for confrontation, especially body language.
    Limited communication skills my spot 13! WHO has limited communication skills??? I have a blog and communicate internationally everyday!
  6. In order to make up for a limited set of communication skills, cats need to use scent markings to send and receive messages. They also need to be fast and agile!
    You better start running! You cannot call my communication skills limited and get away with it!

  7. Your cat will rub her scent glands all over her territory in order to leave his/her mark.
    Maybe I will and maybe I won't.

  8. Cats will often raise their back ends up so as to better scent a hand. They'll also often stiffen their tail, but keep it bent as they scent you up.
    You bet I am raising my back end at you! ...limited communication skills....

  9. A vertical tail is a sign of happiness, and also used as a greeting.
    Hello.

  10. When the front paws are curled up and tucked in, and the back legs are outstretched to the side, your cat is relaxed and secure.
    More like the cat is trying to take a nap, so take your SUPERIOR communication skills and get out of here
Crazy beans always thinking they has us figured out!

Until tomorrow,

Cecil

PS= Mommie had a better video of me and Mr. Penguin at the beach, but it was taking hours to upload! Has you had this problem?

20 opinions:

admin said...

Wow, Cecil in the beach? We even never see or taste the beach, but our mommy do love beaches so much!

The communication stuff, hehehe....that's so clever of you to tackle those 10 facts written by bean. Yep, our communication skills from our vocalizations, gestures, expression and body language have been inspiring our mommy so she posted how we become the best communicator in felinesophy blog.

About the upload thing, no we havent tried that in blogger, perhaps you can upload first in YouTube, that copy & paste the script code from YouTube on your posting, the video will look bigger...it's most probably more easier, and you could be more famous too;)

Or, if you wanna be in special kitty tv there are:
http://www.mewtube.tv/watch.video.asp
and
http://www.catworld.tv/player_cat.asp

It's great to hear that your mommy wanna establish a non profit organization taking care cats including feral/stray, could your mommy share how will she do that, coz our mommy's wish one day haz the same with you mommy, so our mommy would like to learn a lot about this matter from your mommy....thx a lot:)

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
Furrst of all, i's suspissous of tha "Beach", too. it looks like mine kitchen. there's a set of knifes in tha background. i dunno, then again, i's never been to tha beach????
i's laffing out loud at tha artickle an yours witty (and truthful) comments. Poor beans, they keep finking they's got us figgured out.
Purrs,
KC

Karen Jo said...

I am also very suspicious of that "beach". I don't think you can find beaches indoors. I think you answered that list very well. Cats communicate very well. I hope you threw up all of Mr. Lion's paw. Earl Grey swallowed part of a plastic toy and it made him very sick and he had to have an operation to get it out.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Well, some cats are very social. Sphynx are very social cats, and we don't like to be left alone. We love being around people, and demand lots of attention!

Daisy said...

I have never been to the beach before, so I am not certain if that is the real beach or not. Somehow, I imagined the beach would be a little bit bigger. And sunnier!

Parker said...

I don't think that's a real beach. Nope, I think you were tricked!
By the way, I think we all communicate very well. No troubles at all!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Cecil

We have a beach not far from us with lotsa lotsa sand it's called da Atlandtic O-shun, wanna come ofur and we can go investigate. Bring Mr. Pequin...

Purrs
Abby

The Meezers or Billy said...

it amazes us that beans think they know efurryfing when cleary they know nofing.

mommy has had some prollems uploading videos to blogger. sometimes she uses you-tube to upload her videos

Monty Q. Kat said...

The beach looks like the World's Biggest Litterbox. With no penguins...

Mr. Echo said...

Nice to meet you Cecil. Its my first time heer. Love your kitten pics when you wuz a wee cougar. I'm gonna add you to my roll. Looking forwerd to more reporting!

Echo

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A day at the beach could be fun! However, I think I would like to wait until it's not so cold here.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i triple LOVED the vid-ee-oo of you and mr. penguin at the beach and i think you were really at the beach because it looks real to me...

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

pee ess: more vid-ee-oos please!!!

CRIZ LAI said...

Hmmm... 60% of what that Mr. Bean wrote is so untrue. Maybe I'm wrong as I was kicked out by "God Knows who's My Mama and Papa" and got adopted by my so called Daddy. I think those beans are better off writing about their own kinds.. hehe

Regards,
Jeremy

Tybalt said...

Wow, Cecil! Was it really the beach? I have never been to the beach before so I am not sure.

Ha ha ha . . . I loved your opinion on the "Feline Behavior." I agree with you totally.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

*snort* Beans think dey can fool us wif a towel! We all know dat was not da beach. Da beach is one giant litter box wif water on one side.

L. Alida said...

Well, Cecil, if there wasn't any sand to tempt you to ahem, "do your business" in, then it probably wasn't really the beach. :) But, you sure are cute! I enjoyed your list and I agree that cats are a wonderful mystery. Thank you for the song from The Lion King. I used to watch that movie almost every day with my daughter when she was little.
Have a Happy Day!
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Beach? Must be an epidemic.

Cecil selling seashells by the seashore.

Beach.

SophieKitty said...

For some reason, I think your mom is foolin' you.

Anonymous said...

*giggle*, such a cute video of you and your penguin friend at the *ahem* beach! :) And yes, Mom has had trouble uploading long videos of us Ballicai to Blogger. They do best when they are shorter, alas.

I enjoyed your ten facts about cats -- and I agree with you, phooey on the bean who said we cats have limited communication! You ought to hear all the kitty words that are said in this house -- and that's not even counting the body language and subtle nuances!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Cecil, I's glad you got home frum the mouse hunt ok. We was worried. Skeeter was gonna check round the yard fur sleepin kittehs. You is a good hunter! Sorry fur amost pouncin you when you arrived.
Enjoy yur, um, beach.
Oh, we has a YouTube account an bideos load there faster, then we gotta linkem to Blogger. We gotta get some cats werkin on fixin that.
Purrs!